Al’s Summer Challenge

Here is where your next nemesis can be found!
Aloysius Kling Sr
Site Admin

Al’s Summer Challenge

Post by Aloysius Kling Sr » 25 Apr 2021 16:34

Al’s Summer Challenge

I am once again Challenging Officers on both sides of the battlefield to do battle with me all playing the same scenario… This year I am limiting it to 6 members… This is a two round affair, not necessarily a requirement to play in the second round. The game and Scenario will be JTS Jena-Auerstedt #02h_1_Saalfield.scn (18 Turns)… This time I will play the Coalition (Prussians) side of the battlefield first and the French side in the 2nd round… The rules will simply be TWS tournament optional rules…

There is no time limits and all I ask is you return game turns around 10 days and if you do not receive one back from me within the same time frame is let me know I am not upholding my end of the battle…

I have found this game play enlightening and interesting to see how different opponents approach the scenario.. If you have never played a game with me before, I consider myself an average JTS game player winning some and loosing a few more…

Scenario Information:10 Oct 1806 (Historical) The first main action of the 1806 campaign may have occured at Schleiz on the 9th but the real first true action of arms that was to be a definte example of things to come occured at Saalfeld. The wing of Lannes was debouching from the Thuringian forest when they came upon Louis Ferdinand and his Advance Guard near Saalfeld. The action commenced at about 10:30am when the piquettes of the 17th Legere emerged from the woods and skirmished with the Prussian left. Meanwhile, more troops were arriving and the brigades of Sibille and Simonnet supported by three light cavalry regiments soon engaged the Prussians. This scenario depicts the battle from the very beginning when the 17th Legere emerged from the woods. Intended for head to head play.

TWS Founder & Member since 1 October 2014

Michael Havelange

Re: Al’s Summer Challenge

Post by Michael Havelange » 25 Apr 2021 20:47

Hi Al,
if you don't have enough players, i'm in.
Old members first.
TWS Member Since 23 April 2021

Allan Hearne

Post by Allan Hearne » 26 Apr 2021 14:16

I'd like to play. Thanks.

Aloysius Kling Sr
Site Admin

Post by Aloysius Kling Sr » 03 May 2021 21:59

Greetings Officers of the Coalition and LGA...

Only two of officers brave enough to take on this old Guard regiment commander... I am ready to battle 4 more Age of Napoleon members in any army... This crotchety old man is ready to battle...

The La Grande Armée needs some more Garde Imperial officers... The only way to get into the guard is to play some games... Well, lots of games...

Mike Peccolo

Post by Mike Peccolo » 04 May 2021 14:59

Alas, I would join in but I do not have the Jena-Auerstadt title.
TWS Member Since 29 October 2014

Aloysius Kling Sr
Site Admin

Post by Aloysius Kling Sr » 05 May 2021 18:52

Where are all the Coalition Officers, where are all the La Grande Officers and where are all my Opponents in this little endeavor???

Saalfield is only a small battle with not a lot of marching, but I surmise a great deal of fighting early on... So time to sign up and get this show on the road...

Battle On
Al

Aloysius Kling Sr
Site Admin

Post by Aloysius Kling Sr » 08 May 2021 17:02

As of 8 May 2021 only 3 members of the Age of Napoleon have stepped up to meet me on the Battlefield of Saalfield...

Michael Havelange of the La Grande Armée, Allan Hearne of the Anglo-Allied Army and Mark van Hattem of the Austrian Army...

There seems to be no one else brave enough to battle against Maréchal Kling...

Battle On...
Al

Aloysius Kling Sr
Site Admin

Post by Aloysius Kling Sr » 17 May 2021 23:34

Three brave opponents have chose to Battle Maréchal Kling the highest ranking officer in the La Grande Armée...

Why the highest ranking officer you ask?
Simply by playing games...

My soldiers await the approach of Major Allan Hearne, Oberst-Leutnant Mark van Hattem and Sous-Lieutenant Michael Havelange's Armies..

Still time to join in...

Battle On...

Andrew Boustouler

Post by Andrew Boustouler » 22 May 2021 16:51

I am available if still looking
TWS Member Since 19 April 2019

Bill Cann

Post by Bill Cann » 02 Jul 2021 21:22

Al
I would be pleased to play, if you still need players. I apologize for my tardy response but have been very busy through May and June with other responsibilities. Hope to hear from you soon.
TWS Member Since 27 October 2014
Member of the Bonaparte's Bane Battle Brigade