PzC Opponent Wanted (Closed)

Find you opponents here...
Leigh Nielsen

PzC Opponent Wanted (Closed)

Post by Leigh Nielsen » 24 Oct 2020 01:31

I have PzC Rzhev '42 and Kharkov '43. But if you have a favorite Eastern Front game I would consider getting it! I know I will eventually get them all!

My first PzC H2H so perhaps not the full blown campaign! Default Scenario options. 20-80 turns. Been playing as the attacker but will have a try at defence if that is your preference.

Interested to hear your suggestions.

Should be able to get a turn away most days. Located east coast Australia.

email: aus3620 at gmail.com

Thx
Leigh

PS Anyone have a clue on the next PzC Tournament game?
TWS Member Since 21 October 2020

Andrew Boustouler

Re: PzC Opponent Wanted

Post by Andrew Boustouler » 24 Oct 2020 18:53

Hi Leigh

I have Kursk 43 and Moscow 42 but happy to pick up either of the games you have.

I generally play the ACW or Napoleonic games but looking to try some WWII H2H.

If you want to make a suggestion, I will be happy to give it a go. Generally, I play as the Axis but happy to play either side as suits.

Andrew
boustouler19@gmail.com
TWS Member Since 19 April 2019

Leigh Nielsen

Post by Leigh Nielsen » 24 Oct 2020 22:23

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the offer of a game and welcome to the snow of Kharkov '43. Your background might suit the slower moving winter scenarios! I have chosen:

#0220_02_Death of Mobile Group Popov • An armoured clash

The Death of Popov's Mobile Group - Feb 20th to Feb 24th, 1943. South Western Front and Stavka had no appreciation for the situation that Popov found his mechanized group. Surely four Tank Corps with supporting arms could drive through the yawning gap in the German lines and on to the Sea of Azov? The German's after all were in full retreat to Dnepr River? The situation for Popov could not be more different. Somehow 1st Panzer Army had circumvented the Soviet trap closing on Rostov and its XL Panzer Korp composed of three Panzer Divisions was either attacking Krasnoarmeyskoye or grouping menacingly to the east of Popov's supply lines. To make matters worse, Soviet supplies were being systematically shot up by the Luftwaffe and little was getting through where was the Red Air Force?? (Size, Medium) A swirling mechanised battle that is best suited for either HTH or German Player vs. Soviet Al. For the Soviet player the forces at Krasnoarmeyskoye are probably lost. The longer they can hold and delay the Germans the better. Keeping the main road open from Aleksandovka will be the priority but difficult in the face of the German strength. For the German, it is about haste. They have to essentially destroy a sizable portion of Popov's forces and capture the objectives on the main road, all under a time constraint.

I will be the Soviet player, therefore as the attacker you will have the first turn.

I have not played this scenario previously and it will be my first mobile defence I am guessing - as mobile as you get in a blizzard anyway!

Leigh
aus3620 at gmail.com
TWS Member Since 21 October 2020

Andrew Boustouler

Post by Andrew Boustouler » 25 Oct 2020 16:15

File sent

Andrew
TWS Member Since 19 April 2019

Leigh Nielsen

Post by Leigh Nielsen » 25 Oct 2020 22:53