Broken Scenario

This is the place where to offer your thoughts and find answers to issues concerning the Napoleonic Wars.
Al Amos

Broken Scenario

Post by Al Amos » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:48 pm

"The Full Battle of Borodino, September 5, 1812" FB_FBBorodino

Russians start with infantry and artillery stacked together and cannot fire because it is overstacked. Unplayable as is.

Mark Jones

Re: Broken Scenario

Post by Mark Jones » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:30 pm

I will take a look at that, Al. Are you sure the overstacking is preventing firing? I haven't heard that one before.

Mark Jones

Post by Mark Jones » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:38 pm

Al is totally correct. The units are over-stacked and cannot fire as a result of that condition. When you attempt to fire, you receive the message, "Cannot fire from over-stacked hex".

I honestly have to say that I have never seen that before. Thanks for pointing this out, Al.

Al Amos

Post by Al Amos » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:24 am

Mark, you're welcome. It looks like the scenario is built with full strength units and a standard pdt file. The designer just forgot the stacking limits. In the design editor you can overstack as you build scenarios this ususally happens when you are setting up reinforcements to appear.

To play this scenario the Russian player has to lose turns redeploying units just so they can function within the game engine. Not worth it to me.

Mark Jones

Post by Mark Jones » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:08 pm

I would also question why the deployment differs from the Shevardino Redoubt scenario. I understand the expansion of the field to include Borodino. I don't understand why the Russian deployment at the Shevardino Redoubt would be different. It brings into question which deployment is correct, if either.