Waterloo Corps to Corps Mini-Tournament

This is the place where to offer your thoughts and find answers to issues concerning the Napoleonic Wars.
Aloysius Kling Sr

Waterloo Corps to Corps Mini-Tournament

Post by Aloysius Kling Sr » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:01 pm

Greetings to Tournament Participants and Members,
Our Waterloo Corps to Corps Mini-Tournament has completed...
Our victor with a score of -824 points was Mark Jones from the Coalition side of the battlefield...
Second was Ed Blackburn another Coalition member with a score of -775 points...

Coming in Third with an impressive score of 601 was Aldo Miccio of the La Grande Armée...

Thanks to all who participated!!!

We are working on Age of Napoleon tournament for the fall... Our goal is build balanced scenarios and go back to 3 rounds which should make things more fair...

Mark Jones

Re: Waterloo Corps to Corps Mini-Tournament

Post by Mark Jones » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:52 am

Thanks again for putting on this tournament for all of us, Al.

I am truly honored to have been named as the winner of the TWS 2018 Mini-Waterloo Tournament, but will not accept any of the prizes, awards, and honors that go with this victory. As one of the three founders of TWS, I do not want these things for myself. It is simply not about us, and it's never going to be. We founded TWS to give our members a fun place to enjoy their games in peace. Our focus is, and will always be, on the welfare and happiness of our members.

I offer my heartfelt congratulations to my fellow, Scottish officer, Ed Blackburn, for his splendid victory on this field of honor. To him go all of the awards for winning this tournament, including the free game that was so generously donated by JTS to support our efforts. Congratulations, Ed.

Congratulations to Aldo Miccio as well for a game very well played, and to all of you who participated in this tournament and held the course to the end. Thank you for being the active members of our society that you are.

As Al has mentioned, we will be revising and standardizing our tournaments in the future, incorporating improvements that we have learned from the experience of creating and conducting our tournaments for so many years now. I am looking forward to our future together. We know that everyone has options as to where they commit their limited time, and we thank you for playing your games with us here at TWS. We truly do appreciate each and every one of you!

Ed Blackburn

Post by Ed Blackburn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:56 pm

Thank you Mark, very kind. Thank you Al for all the work you do with this and the previous tournaments. I would like to donate the game to Aldo please. Well done Aldo and Mark. :gallop:

Aloysius Kling Sr

Post by Aloysius Kling Sr » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:07 am

A very honorable and gracious!
Battle On!

Mark Jones

Post by Mark Jones » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:20 am

Ed, my fine Scottish ally, let me buy you a round of the best, Highland scotch that they have in this tavern.

To a fine officer and honorable gentleman!!

Congratulations, Aldo! It seems the French are always destined to win. :gallop:

Ruben Moreno

Post by Ruben Moreno » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:53 am

Congratulations for the tournament to the organizers and congratulations to the winners.
If you finally organize a new tournament for autumn it would be fantastic and would be happy to participate.
Regards.

William Reaves

Post by William Reaves » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:41 pm

And we shall raise a glass to our illustrious foe.

Salute!

Stewart Crisp

Post by Stewart Crisp » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:35 am

May I pass on my congratulations to all involved in the tournament and I look forward to the next one.

Bill Cann

Post by Bill Cann » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:11 pm

Congratulations to the winners and to all those members who participated. Special thanks are due to Al Kling for organizing and running the tournament. The founders are already planning the next tournament for the fall and regular tournaments have become a very important aspect of the clubs health and growth. Salute.

Aloysius Kling Sr

Post by Aloysius Kling Sr » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:11 pm

Our top three scoring players graciously have awarded the prize to the next person in line...

Mark Jones, Ed Blackburn & Aldo Miccio have all passed the tournament prize onto the next high scoring participant...

Oleg Siversky scored 371 point victory and is the winner of JTS Game provided by John Tiller Software!

Once again we thank JTS!

Congratulations Oleg!!!