Grayback Battle Brigade Members (Closed)

Find an opponent here!
Aloysius Kling Sr

Grayback Battle Brigade Members (Closed)

Post by Aloysius Kling Sr » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:17 pm

I am looking for a partner to challenge the Blue Belly Brigade to a Antietam game... Who will join me in this little endeavor... Any ideas on which scenario to challenge our opponents whoever they maybe...
Battle On...
Al

Aloysius Kling Sr

Re: Grayback Battle Brigade Members (closed)

Post by Aloysius Kling Sr » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:58 pm

Russ Dodge has joined me in this endeavor... More information to come!
Battle On Soon!
Al

Mark Jones

Re: Grayback Battle Brigade Members

Post by Mark Jones » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:42 am

The Union officer stood in the doorway of the Bickering Brothers Tavern, calmly surveying the mixed crowd of soldiers assembled there. The pair of stars resting on each of his shoulders stood in mute testimony to his experience on the fields of battle. The black hat that he wore as the Commander of the 7th Wisconsin testified to his success on those fields. A young Lieutenant stood close by the General's side. His uniform was relatively new, but had begun to show some wear from his various engagements on the battlefields as well.

Spying the Confederate officers that he was seeking, the Union General made his way through the crowded tavern to the table where they were seated. The young Lieutenant followed. "Evening, Russ", he said as he touched the brim of his hat in greeting. "Mind if we join you?"

"I reckon that wouldn't hurt nothin'", replied the Confederate Lieutenant. "Course if you sits, then you knows that means that ya'lls a buyin".

"Why certainly we are buying, Russ. We know that you Rebels are broke as always. Besides, Sarah prefers Federal money to that devalued paper that you always carry. Isn't that right, Sarah," he said as he cast a broad smile at the beautiful barmaid that had just walked up to their table.

"Now, General, you know that ain't true," she said as she placed a bottle of his favorite whiskey on the table in front of him. "I'm willing to take everyone's money, so long as it spends. Here's four glasses, gentlemen. Enjoy!"

The Union General carefully poured four glasses of whiskey from the bottle, each of equal measure. "Evening, Al", he said as he handed the first glass to the ranking Confederate Major seated beside Lieutenant Dodge.

"Evenin', suh", replied the grizzled, Confederate veteran. "To what do we owe this great honor today?"

"I have heard that you fellows, as misguided as your course remains to be," replied the Union General with a grin, "are looking to get into another fight."

The Confederate officers exchanged a worried glance.

"Well sirs, Lieutenant Squires and I are aiming to give you one," said the Union General as he raised his glass to the opposing officers.

In the perfect unison that comes from having long fought by each others side, the Confederate officers raised their glasses and downed the shots of whiskey they had been holding. Without another word, they reached for the bottle to refill their glasses. The Union General could not help but notice that they refilled them nearly to the brim this time. He chuckled softly to himself at the implications of their actions.

"Lieutenant Squires," he said as he raised his glass to the young officer by his side, "it looks like we got ourselves a fight!"