2 ON 2 (Closed)

Find an opponent here!
Ron Fulwell

2 ON 2 (Closed)

Post by Ron Fulwell » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:30 pm

Looking for a couple yanks to take on Ron Fulwell and Al Kling at a meeting engagement at Gettysburg.

Mark Jones

Re: 2 ON 2

Post by Mark Jones » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:34 pm

Hey Ron, I actually had my eye on the South Mountain scenario from Antietam. It is the big map game that should develop the whole battle (I hope). Any interest in possibly doing that instead?

Doug Shaw

Post by Doug Shaw » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:15 pm

I would be happy to participate in this battle on either side if it can be arranged.

Ron Fulwell

Post by Ron Fulwell » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:09 pm

Hi Mark

it sounds good to me.

Mark Jones

Post by Mark Jones » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:24 pm

Actually, the South Mountain battle (065 SM_South Mountain V 1) will not develop into the Battle of Antietam as I had hoped. It is a large map, but based on where the reinforcements arrive, I don't think the battle will ever move off the mountain. There is a meeting engagement in Chickamauga that might prove interesting (047 Chick_Meeting Engagement). The full Battle of Gettysburg is always good as originally suggested. I am just looking for a large map with unfixed forces so that we all have room to scout, feint, and maneuver.

Doug, you can play the Confederates with Ron as Al has voluntarily withdrawn. I have sent an email to my last Blue Belly partner to see if he has time to take the field with me again. Let us know if either of you have a strong desire to play something in particular. I have to admit that I really know very little about most of the scenarios out there. I just prefer open maneuver to battle over a set piece, brain bashing, frontal assault siege. Large map meeting engagements are the very best in my opinion. There are so many possibilities which make the game more dynamic and exciting.

I should have an answer from my last partner tomorrow.

Doug Shaw

Post by Doug Shaw » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:00 am

That sounds great Mark! I would be very happy to join Ron in a battle against your team. Here is a crazy thought. What if we start our game using the Gettysburg campaign engine. We could start our game from somewhere in the middle of the campaign series so that our first strategic decision results in a nice size battle. Gettysburg has a lot of big maps with plenty of units and room to maneuver. This creates a battle where neither side knows exactly what they are up against. We would then play the one battle and see where it ends up.

Mark Jones

Post by Mark Jones » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:37 pm

Ed Lytwak has confirmed that he will partner again with me in this game. Gettysburg is fine as suggested. The full, historical battle works, or you may select something from the campaign tree if you prefer. I will send an email to all to discuss Optional Rules so that we can get underway.

Looking forward to our game together!

Doug Shaw

Post by Doug Shaw » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:00 am

Ron, send me an E-mail at admiralyamamoto1atsbcglobal.net, so that we can discuss playing this 2 on 2 game. Thanks.