Russian Army Posting - 8th Infantry Corps

This is the place where to offer your thoughts and find answers to issues concerning the Napoleonic Wars.
Mark Jones

Russian Army Posting - 8th Infantry Corps

Post by Mark Jones » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:14 pm

Gentlemen Officers of TWS:

It is great pleasure that I present to you the new commander of the Imperial Russian Army's 8th Infantry Corps, General-mayor Bill Cann! Like Jim Hall and Scott Reed before him, Bill has earned sufficient points and awards to transfer his flag to a higher post and assume the command of our most prestigious, Russian Corps. And remember, we did not appoint him to this position. Just like Jim Hall and Scott Reed before him, he earned it. Each and every officer in TWS has the opportunity to do the same.

Please join me in a round on the house in honor of the Imperial Russian Army's greatest hero, General-mayor Bill Cann!

And another round for my esteemed and formidable Anglo-Allied compatriot, Lt. Colonel Jim Hall!

And a very long overdue round for the Continental British Army's esteemed warrior in the Wars for Independence, Lt. Colonel Scott Reed!

Excellent job, gentlemen! You have done your countries, and our humble wargaming society, proud. It is an honor to serve with each of you.

Roy Purcell

Re: Russian Army Posting - 8th Infantry Corps

Post by Roy Purcell » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:57 pm

Congratulations Bill - and thank you for the free drink it is unusual for you allies to be so liberal with the purse :mrgreen:

Scott Reed

Post by Scott Reed » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:08 am

Congratulations General Cann, Over 1,000 battle points, very impressive and certainly worthy of more than one toast....well done sir!

John Sheffield

Post by John Sheffield » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:13 pm

Congratulations Bill. I hope you have great success in your new command.