Something Accomplished Today

This is a forum for general topics and discussions that are not specifically related to a particular military age.
Mark Jones

Something Accomplished Today

Post by Mark Jones » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:47 am

Today is like most other days. I have so many things to do, and am being pulled in so many different directions by so many different people that the world spins around me in a dazzling and confusing display that totally befuddles my rapidly aging mind. No doubt, by the end of this day as with so many others, I will wonder what it was that I actually accomplished by any of my efforts. Well, if I don't accomplish anything else today, I am going to accomplish this.

Today I extend my heartfelt gratitude to my TWS Founding partners, Al Kling and Scott Clawson. Though they both constantly battle painful health issues, they never fail nor falter in their duties to TWS to keep our webpages up to date, to post in our forums, and to always be available to provide any help to our members that is needed. Most of you do not know this, but Al has been experiencing debilitating back pain for some time now. Scott lives with much the same on a daily basis, yet you never hear either of them complain, and you never see them shun their duties to the membership in favor or their own personal interests. They neither beg for public sympathy in our forums, nor do they ever abandon their post even for a minute. They stand and they serve without pandering, pleas, or the repetitious solicitation of sympathy. They are two wholly awesome individuals, and it is our greatest privilege to have them at the foundation of our society. They stand in stark contrast to others I have witnessed over the years in similar posts in other gaming organizations. We are truly blessed to have them with us. Thank you fellows. I cannot speak for anyone else, but I fully appreciate who you are, and all that you do for us.

I would also like to extend my sincere appreciation to those of you who post in our forums, play regularly, and actively seek to make TWS, in priority above all others, the very best place to make new friends and play online wargames. Thank you. TWS will only be whatever our members make it to be.

No bickering, no egos, and absolutely no politics. I love our new home. It sure beats the hell out of our old one. Love you guys. Have fun in your games, and never hesitate to call on us if we can help in any way.

Scott Clawson

Re: Something Accomplished Today

Post by Scott Clawson » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:23 pm

My pleasure, but it's called teamwork! The team makes it easy...

Harry Haines

Post by Harry Haines » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:31 am

I shall add but one thought: Thanks very much to all three of you. I for one appreciate what you do for us!

Ed Blackburn

Post by Ed Blackburn » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:58 am

Thank you gents for your time and hard work. :D

Bill Cann

Post by Bill Cann » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:23 am

TWS Members

I would like to publicly thank all three of our founding members; Al Kling, Scott Clawson and Mark Jones. Through their Inspired Leadership and incredible dedication, they have provided each of us with countless hours of enjoyment playing on-line war games.While I have only taken advantage of the many services provided within the Napoleonic chapter, I can only imagine the time and energy which was required to build and then maintain the entire TWS organization. Each of you can and should be justifiably proud of your effective teamwork and your TWS creation. Ura! Ura! Ura!

Roy Purcell

Post by Roy Purcell » Tue May 03, 2016 1:30 am

Yes I would second everyone- thank you to Al, Scott and Mark - together they have created a truly fantastic club that has no equal - hats off to each of them and again a very large THANK YOU

JA 'Trane' Barredo

Post by JA 'Trane' Barredo » Fri May 06, 2016 11:08 am

Mark, Al, Scott, thank you very much to all three for the work you do for this club follow later.
Often we do not realize the work behind, who do not see but which is much and very good.

I hope we keep each and every time we are more.

Regards.

Captain JA "Trane" Barredo.
1/28th (North Gloucertershire) Regiment of foot
8th Brigade
5th (British) Division
Reserve Corps