Forum Signature Revison Requests

This is a forum for general topics and discussions that are not specifically related to a particular military age.
Mark Jones

Re: Forum Signature Revison Requests

Post by Mark Jones » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:05 am

Very glad to do so, Otto. I have a few others in line before you, so it may actually be a few days before I can get to it.

Otto Schmidt

Post by Otto Schmidt » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:33 am

No problem! I can wait!
Thanks

Ralf Serena

Post by Ralf Serena » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:00 am

What's happened to my rank? I think I must be the only officer in La Grande Armee who is going backwards instead of forwards.

I'm now a Sous Lieutenant according to the organization chart ... I used to be a Lieutenant... and before that a Capitaine. It seems every time there is a Forum/BB change, I get regressed and "no records exist" of my previous good works for the Emperor.

It sounds like someone holds a grudge for my previous service in the army of King Louis... :D

Citizen Ralf
Sous-Lieutenant (formerly Lieutenant, formerly Capitaine :lol: )
105éme Régiment d'infanterie de Ligne

Mark Jones

Post by Mark Jones » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:25 pm

According to what I see listed in the Napoleonic Battle Records, you should be a Sous-Lieutenant, Ralf. Scott keeps up with the Battle Records, and Al keeps up with the AON French webpages. I will make them aware of your post, and ask them to check your records. Where were you previously listed as a Capitaine, and where are you currently listed as a Sous Lieutenant? I see it in your current forum signature, but that is something that you created. Many of our forums were lost with their respective posts, but nothing was affected which pertains to the Officer Records. We will certainly look into this for you and make any corrections if needed.

Scott Clawson

Post by Scott Clawson » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:24 pm

Ralf,

I checked all of the Napoleonic Battle reports filed since the start of The Wargaming Society. We are showing that only one (1) report has you listed. That was filed by Todd Schmidgall on 3-12-2015. The report stated that this was not a Battle but a Wargame Exercise since both you and Todd are French. That was the only report I found with your name being listed.

Mark Jones

Post by Mark Jones » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:13 am

Ralf:

I independently checked my records and found the same information as Scott. You applied for membership in TWS on January 28, 2015. You joined the Age of Napoleon Era of TWS on February 9, 2015. You registered only one game played against Todd Schmidgall on March 12, 2015 (actually Todd registered the game). The scenario played was H08 Davout Fights Back from the Campaign Eckmuhl title. You earned a Major Victory over Todd in 30 Turns, but since this was a Wargame Exercise between two French officers, you would have only earned Battle Points for the engagement. All of this is consistent with what I see in your Battle Record, except that it shows you have 105 BPs instead of 30 BPs. I have not rectified the difference of 75 BPs that hangs in the balance yet. Assuming that the 105 BPs is correct, that is still not a sufficient number to achieve your first promotion to Lieutenant.

I am therefore at a bit of a loss to explain why you are under the impression that you ever earned the rank of Lieutenant or Capitaine. Are there registered games out there that both Scott and I are overlooking? If so, please let us know the details and we will do some additional investigating. I don't think Scott keeps such records, but I have every email that I have either sent or received since 2007, which is far longer than the inception of TWS in the Fall of 2014. If you can point me to the date of any additional TWS game registrations you may have made, I will be able to find them and we will adjust your Battle Record accordingly.

Mark Jones

Post by Mark Jones » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:47 pm

All caught up to my signature commitments for now. If I missed someone, please let me know.