Summer Challenge Update - Altenkirchen

This is the place where to offer your thoughts on and find answers to issues concerning the Napoleonic Wars.
Or just talk about the games.
Aloysius Kling Sr
Site Admin

Summer Challenge Update - Altenkirchen

Post by Aloysius Kling Sr » 13 May 2020 16:22

Greetings from Iowa LGA Headquarters...

I am enjoying my little endeavor battling the same scenario against 5 different opponents... The scenario starts as a draw, but the French need to attack and do so early... The biggest issue for both sides of the battlefield is pulling their forces together for numerical advantage... Two of my opponents did move forward to engage my La Grande Armée early on, One consolidated his forces around the city of Altenkirchen waiting for my army to attack and two others seem to be waiting to see what my army does...

I was able to capture an objective location across a bridge early on from 3 of my opponents and was surprised by who did the best job of defending the location thus preventing me from taking it...

I am disappointed in my play because I could have done a better job of moving my army together in some of the games... And surprised by one of my opponents moving his two armies together so quickly...

Having fun and Battling On...
Al

TWS Founder & Member since 1 October 2014

Ed Blackburn

Re: Summer Challenge Update - Altenkirchen

Post by Ed Blackburn » 13 May 2020 18:37

I'm the one he got objective from early on. Can't be everywhere at once.
Member Since 27 October 2014
Bonaparte's Bane Battle Brigade Member

Bill Cann

Post by Bill Cann » 13 May 2020 19:31

General Kling your courage at taking on 5 opponents simultaneously is duly noted and saluted.
TWS Member Since 27 October 2014
Member of the Bonaparte's Bane Battle Brigade

Trevor Preston

Post by Trevor Preston » 14 May 2020 00:25

I'm the one that consolidated around the town. How others took the fight to Al would be fun to see!
TWS Member Since 1 January 2020

Mark Van Hattem

Post by Mark Van Hattem » 14 May 2020 18:54

I'm certainly not going to give away which one I am. What a cunning way to spy on His Emperor's little but proud army corps defending Altenkirchen! I must say my soldiers admire the French bravery, where my worthy adversary moves them forward all the time. We noticed he is coming from three sides and seems to be confident, but we will put up a staunch defence and make this a hard fought battle, whichever side comes out victorious. And yes, later, when the smoke has left the fields, we would like to hear about all the battles and what happened in the alternative realities....
TWS Member Since 9 November 2014