Technical Issue with Overland Campaign

Post your thoughts and advice for the Civil War games here.
Timothy Moore

Technical Issue with Overland Campaign

Post by Timothy Moore » 21 Nov 2020 03:03

I didn't see a place for questions like this, and maybe I should take it to the JTS site, but maybe someone has the answer here. Twice I have started the overland campaign and when I finish the first battle (Epoch 1) and I try to continue on the the next battle I get a load error:

2020-11-20 18:39:05 cp_start.exe: [error ID 1000] (Mapping.cpp, line 1024, CampaignMaker:: ReadNewScenario ()) campaign\spots_a1.scn file data read error

First I tried the extended campaign, then the normal campaign. Both times I got this while trying to get to the 2nd campaign battle. Any help or insight would be appreciated.
TWS Member Since 13 November 2020

Mark Jones

Re: Technical Issue with Overland Campaign.

Post by Mark Jones » 21 Nov 2020 03:33

Not entirely sure as I never play the campaigns.

Based on what I see in the code, your computer is having trouble with the spots_a1.scn file. It is looking for the file in your "Campaign" folder. The first thing I would do is check that folder to make sure the spots_a1.scn file is in it as it should be.

I also see that the file is actually named "Spots_A1.scn" in my campaign folder. I doubt that the different case in the file names is an issue as the "Campaign" folder is also listed as the lower case "campaign" in the code.

The error code (ID 1000) simply tells you that the application crashed due to unknown events, but the subsequent description points to an error reading the data in the scenario file.

1.) Check your Campaign folder and verify that the Spots_A1.scn file is present.

2.) If it is present, I would replace the file with a new one in case yours is corrupted for some reason. I will be glad to email my Spots_A1.scn file to you as a replacement if you need it.

Lynn Newell

Post by Lynn Newell » 21 Nov 2020 13:11

You might want to check out 002 Mine Run. The Artillery units for the Union 3rd Corps is missing. Discovered this while playing this scenario.
TWS Member Since 13 July 2020

Timothy Moore

Post by Timothy Moore » 21 Nov 2020 15:48

Thanks, General. I looked in the folder and found the Spots_A1.scn file. If you can I would appreciate if you could mail me a copy of your file to replace mine, let's see if that works. Greatly appreciate the assistance. It's not a big deal, just thought I'd kill time with the campaign, but after whoopin' up on Warren's Corp in the first battle, I'd like to see what happens in the next.
TWS Member Since 13 November 2020