Introductions - New Club Member

All thoughts and info on wars past WW1 through the modern day...
Paul Voigt

Introductions - New Club Member

Post by Paul Voigt » 30 Dec 2020 18:04

Hello fellow officers

Just join the club and thought I would introduce myself. I have been playing wargames on and off since high school some 35 years now, and since I am not getting any younger, decided to take the plunge and pit my skills against the Masters. I hope to meet and make new friends that share the same passion for wargaming and military history that I have enjoyed all these years. I served in the US Army 11th ACR "blackhorse" at the Fulda Gap, 1989-91, and some reserve duty afterwards, My eldest son currently serves in the US Army, boy how time flies. Currently own JTS panzer camp, France 40 gold, Smolensk 41 gold, and Tobruk 41 gold, and looking to add more titles. Hope to meet my fellow officers on the battlefield soon.

2nd Lieutenant Paul Voight
382nd Inf Regt

Mark Jones

Re: Introductions - New Club Member

Post by Mark Jones » 31 Dec 2020 00:14

Paul, how do you spell your last name?

Your Enlistment Form showed "Voigt", but I am seeing "Voight" here?

I just want to make sure we get it right on all of our webpages and your records.

Thanks.

Paul Voigt

Post by Paul Voigt » 31 Dec 2020 19:44

Hey Mark, the correct spelling is Voigt, I used Voight because when I got my original user and password it was Voight, so I just wanted to keep it consistent. But if it can be changed to Voigt I would appreciate that

Mark Jones

Post by Mark Jones » 31 Dec 2020 21:02

Thanks, Paul.

We will correct the spelling of your name in all locations, including your forum account.

Leigh Nielsen

Post by Leigh Nielsen » 01 Jan 2021 07:49

Hi Paul,
Sounds like you are the right profile for the group! Surprised you have not picked up Modern Campaigns - Fulda Gap, you could be a subject matter expert!

Have fun!

L
TWS Member Since 21 October 2020

Paul Voigt

Post by Paul Voigt » 01 Jan 2021 20:14

Hello Leigh, I used to have the Fulda gap title, but not currently, I was a little put off that could not break the squadrons down into their troops, thats not how we trained. It was amusing pushing digital counters on a map that I was very familiar with-all the towns and villages had drank beers at and other adventures. I am mostly concentrating on panzer camaigns with an old high school buddy, he is a WW2 guru, and I want to get him hooked. thank again for the warm welcome Paul

2nd Lieutenant Paul Voigt
382nd Infantry Regiment
96th Infantry Division

Mike Peccolo

Post by Mike Peccolo » 01 Jan 2021 22:36

Dear Paul,

Of those 3 titles, I have two France 40 and Smolensk. Anytime you're looking to pick on a poor Italian.

Lt. Michael Peccolo
4th Motor Tricycle Bn.
TWS Member Since 29 October 2014

Paul Voigt

Post by Paul Voigt » 02 Jan 2021 17:45

Hello Mike, nay wont pick on a fellow Italian, I have a little in me too, My grandmother is from Rome, met my grandfather during WW2 italian campaign, and the rest is history. Would love to start up a game, however I am feeling a little under the weather, wife just tested positive with Covid, but give me a few days-several days and we can start something up.

2nd Lieutenant Paul Voight
382nd Inf Regt
96th Inf Div